Participation is for BHIVA Members only. If you are not a member of BHIVA, please click here to find out more about Membership.
This module is based on the BHIVA guidelines for the management of tuberculosis in adults living with HIV 2018 (2019 interim update).
Participants are expected to be familiar with, or have read the British HIV Association guidelines for the management of tuberculosis in adults living with HIV, 2019. Upon completion of this activity, participants will have an improved understanding of the management of tuberculosis/HIV co-infection with regard to:
Diagnosis and treatment of active tuberculosis (TB disease)
Diagnosis and treatment of latent tuberculosis infection
Diagnosis and management of drug-resistant tuberculosis
Choice of antiretroviral therapy for individuals needing tuberculosis treatment
Drug interactions and toxicities
Diagnosis and management of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome
- It is expected that it should take each participant approximately 3 hours to study the guidelines and answer all 12 questions.
- There is a time limit of 2 hours to answer all questions once you have started.
- There is also a form for you to provide feedback at the end, which must be completed within this time.
- Once you have completed the feedback form, you will immediately be taken to a page showing your results.
- The pass mark is 65% and, if successful, you will be sent a certificate.
In order to obtain RCP CPD accreditation for BHIVA e-learning modules, participants are now requested to access the RCP self-accreditation site and enter their CPD points (3 hours = 3 CPD points).
Please also ensure that Pop-ups are not being blocked by your browser before you begin.