Participation is for BHIVA Members only. If you are not a member of BHIVA, please click here to find out more about Membership.
Participants are expected to be familiar with or have read the British HIV Association guidelines for the Treatment of HIV-1 positive adults with antiretroviral therapy (2015) (2016 interim update). Upon completion of this activity, participants will have an improved understanding of the management of antiretroviral therapy (ART) with regard to:
Rationale for starting ART including chronic (AIDS) and primary HIV infection (PHI) and, prevention of onward transmission
When to start
What to start
Monitoring and drug interactions
Managing virological failure on ART including that due to drug resistance
Special populations including – TB / hepatitis co-infection / cancer / neurocognitive impairment / chronic kidney disease / cardiovascular disease / women / mental health / adolescents / later life
- It is expected that it should take each participant approximately 3 hours to study the guidelines and answer all 12 questions.
- There is a time limit of 2 hours to answer all questions once you have started.
- There is also a form for you to provide feedback at the end, which must be completed within this time.
- Once you have completed the feedback form, you will immediately be taken to a page showing your results.
- The pass mark is 65% and if successful, you will be sent a certificate.
In order to obtain RCP CPD accreditation for BHIVA e-learning modules, participants are now requested to access the RCP self-accreditation site and enter their CPD points (3 hours = 3 CPD points).
Please also ensure that Pop-ups are not being blocked by your browser before you begin.