Participation is for BHIVA Members only. If you are not a member of BHIVA, please click here to find out more about Membership.
This module is based on the BHIVA/BASHH/BIA Adult HIV Testing guidelines 2020.
The BHIVA/BASHH/BIA HIV testing guideline 2020 gives recommendations on testing in specialist sexual health/infection service settings and more widely across the healthcare system. Indicator conditions are discussed and the services and local prevalence at which universal testing for adults is recommended are detailed. The module has single best answer questions addressing clinical and healthcare scenarios to assist HIV clinicians with CPD and revision and to assist general clinicians and those in other specialties in recognising when HIV testing should be carried out and how to consent and discuss results.
The guideline is closely linked with the NICE 2016 guideline on HIV testing, accessible here: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng60
Upon completion of this activity, participants will have an improved understanding of the guidance on HIV testing with regards to:
Services in which universal testing is recommended
Indicator conditions for HIV testing
Testing strategies based on local prevalence and cost effectiveness
Consent, capacity and sharing information
- It is expected that it should take each participant approximately 3 hours to study the guidelines and answer all 12 questions.
- There is a time limit of 2 hours to answer all questions once you have started.
- There is also a form for you to provide feedback at the end, which must be completed within this time.
- Once you have completed the feedback form, you will immediately be taken to a page showing your results.
- The pass mark is 65% and, if successful, you will be sent a certificate.
In order to obtain RCP CPD accreditation for BHIVA e-learning modules, participants are now requested to access the RCP self-accreditation site and enter their CPD points (3 hours = 3 CPD points).
Please also ensure that Pop-ups are not being blocked by your browser before you begin.