Participation is for BHIVA Members only. If you are not a member of BHIVA, please click here to find out more about Membership.
Participants are expected to be familiar with, or have read the British HIV Association guidelines for the routine investigation and monitoring of adult HIV-1-positive individuals 2016 (2019 interim update). Upon completion of this activity, participants will have an improved understanding of the standards for monitoring people living with HIV with regard to:
Baseline assessment for people with newly diagnosed HIV
Monitoring for people who are asymptomatic and do not want to take antiretroviral therapy (ART)
Monitoring in the first 6 months after starting ART
Monitoring for people with hepatitis co-infection
Monitoring for comorbidities and ART toxicity
Bone and renal health
- It is expected that it should take each participant approximately 3 hours to study the guidelines and answer all 11 questions.
- There is a time limit of 2 hours to answer all questions once you have started.
- There is also a form for you to provide feedback at the end, which must be completed within this time.
- Once you have completed the feedback form, you will immediately be taken to a page showing your results.
- The pass mark is 65% and, if successful, you will be sent a certificate.
In order to obtain RCP CPD accreditation for BHIVA e-learning modules, participants are now requested to access the RCP self-accreditation site and enter their CPD points (3 hours = 3 CPD points).
Please also ensure that Pop-ups are not being blocked by your browser before you begin.