Participation is for BHIVA Members only. If you are not a member of BHIVA, please click here to find out more about Membership.
This module is based on the BHIVA guidelines for the management of HIV in pregnancy and postpartum 2018 (2019 second interim update).
Participants are expected to be familiar with, or have read, the British HIV Association guidelines for the management of HIV in pregnancy and postpartum 2018 (2019 second interim update). Upon completion of this activity, participants will have an improved understanding of the management of HIV in pregnancy and post-partum with regard to:
Screening and monitoring of pregnant women with HIV
The use of ART in pregnancy, what to start and when to start
HIV and hepatitis co-infection
Obstetric management including prenatal testing and mode of delivery
Neonatal management: infant PEP and immunisation
Infant feeding choices
- It is expected that it should take each participant approximately 3 hours to study the guidelines and answer all 14 questions.
- There is a time limit of 2 hours to answer all questions once you have started.
- There is also a form for you to provide feedback at the end, which must be completed within this time.
- Once you have completed the feedback form, you will immediately be taken to a page showing your results.
- The pass mark is 65% and if successful, you will be sent a certificate.
In order to obtain RCP CPD accreditation for BHIVA e-learning modules, participants are now requested to access the RCP self-accreditation site and enter their CPD points (3 hours = 3 CPD points).
Please also ensure that Pop-ups are not being blocked by your browser before you begin.