Participation is for BHIVA Members only. If you are not a member of BHIVA, please click here to find out more about Membership.
This module is based on the BHIVA/BASHH guidelines on the use of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) 2018.
Participants are expected to be familiar with or have read the BHIVA/BASHH guidelines on the use of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) 2018. Upon completion of this activity, participants will have an improved understanding of the management of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) with regard to:
The rationale and trial data supporting PrEP to reduce HIV transmission
Risk assessment for HIV acquisition in MSM, heterosexuals, transgender people, people who inject drugs (PWID), contacts and others
Baseline assessment prior to PrEP and contraindications to PrEP
Prescribing PrEP - daily and event-based regimes, safe starting, stopping and restarting, adherence issues and indications for PEP
Prescribing PrEP for MSM, heterosexuals, transgender people, people who inject drugs (PWID), contacts and others
PrEP – special considerations for women, young people and transgender people
Follow up and monitoring for people on PrEP
Buying generic PrEP
- It is expected that it should take each participant approximately 3 hours to study the guidelines and answer all 10 questions.
- There is a time limit of 2 hours to answer all questions once you have started.
- There is also a form for you to provide feedback at the end, which must be completed within this time.
- Once you have completed the feedback form, you will immediately be taken to a page showing your results.
- The pass mark is 65% and if successful, you will be sent a certificate.
In order to obtain RCP CPD accreditation for BHIVA e-learning modules, participants are now requested to access the RCP self-accreditation site and enter their CPD points (3 hours = 3 CPD points).
Please also ensure that Pop-ups are not being blocked by your browser before you begin.